The first one is "Expelled, No Intellegence Allowed" with Ben Stein. I had wanted to see this when it came out in theaters earlier this year, but didn't get a chance. It is now available for immediate viewing on Netflix! It is an excellent documentary on the bias in the science world there is against Intelligent Design. The film is very clear to distinguish that "Intelligent Design" is not the same as "Creationism" and does not require everyone to convert to Christianity and pray in schools, as seems to be the big fear among the science community. I was amazed at how Ben Stein connected the dots for the viewer of how Darwinism has penetrated and affected society - from Eugenics, to Socialism, to Abortion, to Hitler's regime... he doesn't back down on any front, and everything that is presented in his arguments is logical and backed up with much evidence. It was really eye-opening and enlightening!
The next movie was a sweet one we watched last night, called "Come What May". This is available to view for free online, so check it out!! It was created at Patrick Henry College, by a group of Homeschool graduates, so I was excited to see it. At first, the acting is slightly stiff, but once you get into the movie, the story line is engaging, the acting improves, and the message is so, so true and touching. There were several facets of the movie I appreciated, but I don't want to spoil any of the sweetness of it, so I'll leave it for you to watch and see for yourself! Enjoy!!









4 comments:
Hey, I just watched "Come What May" this morning. I really enjoyed it. Looking forward to seeing "Expelled".
Have you seen 'the Business of Being born'??? It is not for the hubby, but you would enjoy it. Basically it is a documentary on birth in the USA with some real births thrown in the mix.
you can get it on Netflix!
Tiffany, I loved "The Business of Being Born"!! It actually helped my husband to see the benefits to homebirth... even though he's still not ready for something like that, it definitely changed his views! I actually reviewed it last year :-)
We've been wanting to see Expelled, too! I hope some people who actually believe in evolution see it...it's certainly a different perspective than what you'll find in a school!
Post a Comment