Saturday, October 10, 2009

Ta-Da! It's Give-Away Time!

After about an hour of child and husband free (no interruptions!) time, I've finally gotten the new template up and running! I hope y'all enjoy the change of scenery! To celebrate, I'm having a give-away!

I posted earlier about the Glory Revealed II album, and how I ordered it after listening to a few samples. Now that I've had it for a few weeks and been able to listen to it many, many times, my opinion of it still holds. Its great! The biggest blessing for me is that the songs are pure scripture - so when listen to them or sing them in my head, I'm reciting the Word and bringing God's faithfulness, glory, and promises to mind again and again.

So I wanted to be able to share the blessing! I'm giving away one CD of either Glory Revealed (the original) or Glory Revealed II - your choice! To enter, please leave a comment telling me which album you'd prefer, as well as your favorite verse of scripture and why it is your favorite! If you post this giveaway on your own blog, you get an extra entry, just let me know you did! The contest will close on Saturday (10/17) at 8 pm and I'll chose the winner through random.org and post it Sunday morning!



13 comments:

~Angie T. said...

I have too many verses to pick just one. This one has been dear to my heart lately. "But the vessel that he was making of clay was spoiled in the hand of the potter; so he remade it into another vessel, as it pleased the potter to make." ~Jeremiah 18:4 Either CD would be well loved. If I had to pick I'd say II. Thanks, Erin!

Abby said...

I would rather have Glory Revealed. My favorite verse is Psalm 23, because it is very comforting. I like Proverbs 31, too, because it describes a woman that I would like to be like.

The Roses said...

My favorite verse is Psalm 150:4A praise HIM with tambourine and dancing, . . I like the whole chapter actually, because I love to worship the LorD. I think it is neat that the LorD tells us how we can do it to please him. I use to be in an Israeli dance group where I was able to do just that and I really enjoyed worshipping this way.
I would be excited if I won Glory Revealed II.
I've posted it on my blog, too.

Abby said...

I posted this on my blog.

Meggan said...

There are too many passages to name! The whole book of Ephesians and Philippians rocks! For something a little more narrow, maybe Exodus 33-34, "I pray You, SHOW ME YOUR GLORY!" When God proclaims His own name it sends shivers down my spine and goosebumps just thinking about what it was like for Moses to stand in the fiery presence of God Almighty! Awesome!

I love receiving new music! Especially Christ-centered music with the language of Scripture! As I listened to the samples, I fell in love with the violin licks from Revealed 2. I would love to return to practicing the back porch style again.

I will post this on my blog later this week.

Meggan said...

Here's the link to the post.

http://agraciousheart.blogspot.com/2009/10/ccm.html

Tracey said...

Really, they both look great - I think if I won one, I'd buy the other - Spiritual things have been far too dry lately...

favorite verse? Prov 16.9 "A man's heart devises his way: but the Lord directs his steps" I can go forward, knowing the Lord is in control :-)

Tracey

Meghan said...

1 John 3:1: "How great is the love the Father has lavished on us, that we should be called children of God! And that is what we are!"

How can you beat a promise like that?:)

Oh, and we already have the first CD, so I'd pick the second.

Great-Granny Grandma said...

If it's not too late, I'd love to enter your giveaway. Either album would be a blessing to win.

One of my favorite Scripture verses is Micah 7:8 - "Rejoice not against me, O mine enemy: when I fall, I shall arise; when I sit in darkness, the Lord shall be a light unto me."

Anonymous said...

Wow...these are all great scriptures! What a great idea, Erin! :D Mine would probably be, as it has been for years, Philippians 4:6-8.

"Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus. Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable—if anything is excellent or praiseworthy—think about such things."

That one just helps me when I am stressed about life and thinking about everything that's wrong. I quote it to myself and to my husband. It reminds me that I CAN do something about it...present my requests to God with thanksgiving! He is wonderful and DOES grant us peace when we trust Him. :D

I would choose the second one if I won! :D It sounds awesome!
~Kristi

Erin said...

Erin - thanks for the fun giveaway!!!! I'm not sure which I'd pick - I think I'd probably ask you which you'd recommend, as I haven't heard either!

My favorite verse, if I had to pick ONE, is Neh 8:10"..the joy of the Lord is your strength". My mum wrote it in my first Bible in 1981 and its been important to me ever since. Joy. Strength. SO cool.
:) ErinH

Meggan said...

Can I have another entry if I mention it again on my post?

Erin said...

LOL! Good question, Meggan! Ummm... I think I'd rather it be one entry for commenting and just one entry for a blog mention, even if you mention it more than once. Thanks for asking!