Ever since I was first rescued by the Lord, I have loved the song "Amazing Grace". OK, that may sound kind of generic and cliche, but to me it isn't. I take the lyrics very personally. I was a wretch, blind, fearful... utterly LOST. But now, only by His amazing grace, I am now found! I can see! I am free from my burdens! I am a new creation in Him! Whenever I reflect on it, I feel like the lame man who got up and went walking and leaping and praising God! What joy unspeakable He's given me! I suppose that's one of the reasons I love testimonies so much... to see others tell of His awesome wonders in their own lives is so edifying.
However, I don't know how to shorten that to fit on a piece of cardboard ;-) Have you ever thought about it? What would your sign say? I'd love to hear, if you want to leave a comment and share!
Oh, and in case you also love testimonies, another great site is I am Second. I'm sure there are others, too, I just haven't come across them yet!









4 comments:
You know what? I've actually done this--twice! The cardboard testimony, I mean. On the first side it said, "Girl broken by another's sin." The other side said, "Woman made whole by His redeeming love!" Praise you, Lord! Thanks for letting me share this, Erin.
"Deceived woman gave all for religion"
"Women reconciled to God, by faith through Jesus Christ the Lord"
Something like that...too long?
that is great, erin! such tear jerking testimonies there. God is so good!! it really is amazing the range of ways He works in peoples' lives.
i'm not sure what mine would say. i was saved at a young age so, like you, i feel like i do not have a tremendous story to tell, certainly not one that would fit on a piece of cardboard. it would have to be something about a rebellious girl learning to trust God and give up self will. still learning, though!
Wow, I am like you. I really will have to think hard.
Saved young. Still growing in Jesus. perhaps?
Post a Comment