She said to read 1 Corinthians 11:8-9...
For man does not originate from woman, but woman from man;
for indeed man was not created for the woman's sake, but woman for the man's sake.
After this, she said look at 11:9, and put YOUR man's name where it says "man":
for indeed Michael was not created for the woman's sake, but woman for Michael's sake.
Then she said, now, put YOUR name where it says "woman":
for indeed Michael was not created for Erin's sake, but Erin for Michael's sake.
All of the sudden, this scripture became real to me! For some reason, its so easy to read something and look at it from a distant outsider's perspective... but just by making it personal with our names, suddenly, I see!
I have a distinct purpose, a reason for my very creation! The boys have a book called "I Was Born to be a Brother"... and I now have a renewing of the fact that I was "born to be a wife"... but not just "a wife" - Michael's wife. What a blessing! How exciting! The Lord knew in his foreknowledge that Michael would exist, and knew that he would need a suitable helper, and thereby appointed me with this task, while I was still being formed in the womb. Amazing!
With this personalization, I also have a deeper understanding that by serving Michael, I am fulfilling my calling in the Lord. What direction and purpose He gives us!
I will confess that this has come at just the perfect time (God is always good like that!). I have struggled recently with selfishness and a bad attitude, giving Michael a very difficult time of things while I focus on "me" and what "I want". But that is not what the Lord wants from me. It is not my job to be my husband's Holy Spirit or to lead him to a higher level of righteousness... only the Lord can accomplish that. My responsibility is to demonstrate the love Jesus has for Michael, through loving him as a wife.
I praise God for His infinite mercy and wisdom!









No comments:
Post a Comment